Owl Van’s overland components use clever innovation to overcome problems that have plagued off-roaders for years. The Owl Sprinter Tire Carrier is no exception.
The Tire Carrier utilizes a double-articulating sway link. This allows the carrier to open with the door. At the same time, the door moves independently. Also, you don’t have to unlatch the carrier to open the door. The carrier still moves independently of the door and it doesn’t take three or fours steps to open the door. the Owl Sprinter Tire Carrier is steel, but it only weighs about 20 lbs. That makes it easier to use and it won’t raise your vehicle’s center of gravity like some carriers.
Extra bonus: no bulky bumper is needed. This reduces cost and weight and doesn’t compromise your vehicle’s angle of attack. If we were suit-and-tie boardroom-types, we’d call that a win, win, win.
The Owl Sprinter Tire Carrier is built tough from dual-layer powder-coated welded steel. It comes with a lifetime warranty for the original owner.
- Stock or aftermarket wheels with tires up to 35”
- Works with 2500 or 3500 Vans. Please specify when ordering.
- Steel with dual layer powder-coat for years of protection
- Colors available (+$200) Cannot color match, limited selection of available powder coat colors
- Includes Wheel Security lock
- Lightweight rack (about 20 lbs). Shipping weight 30 lbs.
- Includes three “dome” (stock) style lug bolts. “Cone” style lug bolts sold separately
- Not compatible for vans without magnetic catch
- Custom colors not returnable
- Lifetime Warranty for original owner
- We only stock the 180-degree opening tire carrier at this time, 270-degree available for special order
Call to schedule an installation, we charge $100 for installation of the Owl Van VS30 Spare Tire carrier